A Safer Environment for Stepping to Freedom
A Safer Environment for Stepping to Freedom


Whether or not you can get reimbursed by some form of insurance for the purchase of an Up n’ Free depends on several things. Please see the discussion below to see if you fit into a reimbursable category. In all cases, you will need three things:

  1. A Prescription from your doctor
  2. A Letter of Medical Necessity from your doctor
  3. A price quote for the exact prescribed configuration of Up n’ Free. We will furnish the quote if you Contact Us.

Pediatric and Young Adult Patients (up to age 21)

Medicaid and most Private Insurance Companies will reimburse the cost of an Up n’ Free for most patients in this category.


At this time there is no reimbursement by Medicare. We continue to work on this issue so please Contact Us for the latest information.
Private Insurance
The results are mixed. Some private insurers will pay for the Up n’ Free and others will not. The key to getting reimbursed is to be persistent. Don’t take no for an answer and keep asking. Remember that you will need both a prescription and a letter of medical necessity from your doctor. If you need assistance with the process, Contact Us.
Working Adults
Adults who become disabled for whatever reason while they are still working and who can be expected to return to work after rehabilitation can be reimbursed for the cost of an Up n’ Free in most states. All states have some form of Occupational Therapy organization the function of which is to help disabled workers become productive again. These organizations have different names in various states… a common name is Vocational Rehabilitation or VR. If you need help in contacting your state Vocational Rehabilitation organization, Contact Us.
©2006–2021 Easy Walking